Friday, March 14, 2014

Confidence

I have a friend who built himself a chair from scratch. I was surprised cuz you know, we usually don't build chairs. Right?
So I was impressed cuz it looked well built and sturdy enough just by itself, with no one sitting on it.

So I asked him how he built it and if it's strong enough for me to sit on it. But he told me "Well, you know you can build your own chair." So I asked him if he could sit on it instead because I just want to make sure how strong it is but he said something like "oh well it's just a chair. I don't really sit on it that much."
I was a little confused about the strength of the chair and so it seemed untested and not strong. I'm not confident to sit on it.

What is the story about?

Like what I said, we normally don't make chairs from scratch right? Cuz we just buy them at store and trust  that it is strong enough to hold our weight. We normally don't make chairs and if we do, we might most likely have the tendency of building a weak one.

So it is kinda like the truth. We don't make "our truth". Faith is about putting your trust on what we believe is true. Everyday we exercise faith- we have faith that the alarm clock will wake us up in the morning, faith that our car's engine will work and take us to work even though we don't know how the car's engine operates exactly. Our daily lives are filled with faith, not necessarily religious or faith in God.

Now, faith does not change anything. I mean, it only concentrates on what is already there. We have faith that microwave will warm our food because a microwave is designed to do that. If we have faith that our food will get frozen when we put it in the microwave, no matter how hard you convince yourself that it's going to happen, it's not going to happen.

So what we should do with faith? We should put our faith on what is true, secure, strong and trustworthy and that is the Word of God, which is the Bible, written Word or Jesus Christ who is the Living Word. (John 1:14)

Like the chair, we have no confidence if we build it ourselves, in fact, we don't necessarily have to build our own chair. We can buy a chair and trust that the maker that it's strong and reliable.

We don't have to make our own beliefs or truths. That's dangerous. We just need to focus and trust on what's already there and that is the Word of God.

Having said this, I welcome you to the group "Confidence."

Jeremiah 17:7 says "Blessed is the person who trusts the LORD. The LORD will be his confidence."

Together, we will learn more about God through our Lord Jesus Christ and as we know Him deeper, we become more and more confident in Him.

Please feel free to interact, invite people and encourage other believers in this group. God bless you guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment