Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter bunny

The patient finally died.
(Family crying)
(Staff comforting the family..)

Nurse: I'm sorry for your loss. He must be in a better place now.

Family: better? Where? In heaven? How do you know??

Nurse: (hesitant) yes. In Heaven.

Family: how do you know?

Nurse: ahmm because God is nice and if there is really a God then we must all go to Heaven. Right?

Family: You seem to be unsure. We need the confidence ro believe that he must be in a better place now or else you're just comforting me with your nonsense wishes. You're not even sure. Just leave us here and let us mourn. Thank you for trying.

Before I worked in the hospital or went to school, I inquired how to get there. They sent me instructions. I went by instructions and did what they told me to get in the school or work. I did not do it my own way or idea. I did what they told me to.

You will die. I will die. We all will.
To get to Heaven is pretty much like applying for work. You do what they tell you to get in. How?

If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
-Romans 10:9

If sin was not so serious, then God would not bother come down to earth and die for our sins. He could have said something like: "LOL you sinned but that's alright. Jk #cometoheavenwithme #sinisfun #nojudgmentforanyone #followme"

No. God did not compromise with sin. He defeated it. He defeated death. So is the promise to anyone who would accept Christ in to His life.

Christ???
Yes my friend. He is alive.

"I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades." -Revelation 1:18

This is Easter. Let us celebrate the confidence that we have eternal life after this earthly life. It is a gift. Take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment