Sunday, April 20, 2014

Heaven is for real thoughts

Some thoughts about "Heaven is For Real" movie

I write this hoping that "all men everywhere to repent or change their minds and leave their past sins
Remember when you said you were gonna do something but you never got it done because you kept delaying it? It would have been better if you did it right away.

The story is based on a true story about Colton, a 4 year old boy who went to heaven and had an encounter with Jesus. (Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mydh4MEo2B0) (Colton Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhT36Dizo2s
"I learned that heaven is for real and you're gonna lie it."- Colton

The thing that amazes me the most was not the actual experience of Colton going to Heaven. I do not envy that either. For sure, I will see my Master Jesus Christ. It is just a matter of time and He is coming quickly, as He said ""Surely I am coming quickly." (Revelation 22:20) Knowing this, I will always be prepared, making the most of every opportunity to present Christ to everyone. The thing that amazes me is that maybe, from God's perspective, it was necessary for Him to show us visions or actual, real experiences of people going to Heaven. It seems like His Written Word is not enough. We are so earth-bound, caught up with our physical senses that we ignore the truth that when God created us, He breathed His Spirit to us. We are way more than physical beings. 

How do you get to know a person? Through lots and lots of pictures on facebook or instagram? How do you get to know your friend? Again, through pictures and pictures and pictures? No. You get to know someone as you talk to them. Right? You actually get to know someone as you talk to him. Having the actual picture or painting of Jesus will not really help us understand who He is.

Same with God, we get to know Him through His Word. I get it. I sound mentally retarded or I sound like I am wishing that there is a "God up there." I am not making it up. The moment I received Jesus as Savior, His Spirit is in me. That's how we get to know God. Through His Spirit, Written Word of God, the Bible will finally make sense and Jesus, the Living Word of God will finally become real to us personally. Eyes to see, ears to hear, nose to smell, tongue to taste, skin to touch and Spirit of God to understand God Himself. Hope that makes sense my friend.

Now, whether this was a true experience or not, those who choose not to believe will still always find reasons not to believe.
"He (Jesus) said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.'"- Luke 16:31



I personally believe that Colton's experience was real and he has convincing evidence to back it up.It says in the Bible: "'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams."- Joel 2:28; Acts 2:17

What surprised me was he actually saw Jesus' face plainly and was able to describe and agree with another child, the prodigy Akiane Kramarik's depiction of Jesus' face. http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/8c/da/8_977.jpg?itok=5hwjbBkK
"on the evidence of two or three witnesses a matter shall be confirmed."- Deuteronomy 19:15



"Today when you hear his voice, don't harden your hearts as Israel did when they rebelled."- Hebrews 3:15
Remember when you said you were gonna do something but you never got it done because you kept delaying it? It would have been better if you did it right away.






Can we sing "We will rock you?" :)



No comments:

Post a Comment